Good old fashioned hands on techniques and consistent follow through is often required when home cleaning needs to be done. If you make it a bit of fun when following through, the little things can surprisingly add up in savings of time and shining through with a clean result. Here are 12 tips to save time and have a little fun:
1. See how many rooms you can get clean in 15 minutes by setting a timer, it just might surprise you!
2. Cleaning for shorter periods of time makes it seem much easier and smaller. If you’re in the mood to clean for longer then put on a musical CD or talking book and time will go faster. You might actually find yourself waiting till the CD is over before stopping!
3. Stock all your cleaning supplies in one carry bucket.
4. When you are cleaning windows wipe up and down for the outside and side to side for the inside. It’s an easy way and fast way to figure out which side the streaks are on and take care of them.
5. When cleaning an entire room, so you will not miss anything, start at the top and work your way to the bottom.
6. Have recyclable bags and scooper located near litter boxes, to make it faster and easier to clean.
7. The next time you empty your trash place clean garbage bags in the bottom of each. This way it will make emptying them each time faster.
8. An extension cord goes along way, and attach one to the your vacuum, and you will not have to unplug it as often or relocate to a closer plug.
9. Keep a small supply of cotton swabs and a toothbrush in your cleaning supplies bucket to get those little nooks that are hard to reach clean.
10. Put things away as you go, really is one of the best ways to prevent lots of messes. Teach others living with you to clean up after themselves.
11. Multi-task whenever you can. Cooking something in the microwave throw in a load of laundry. Or while the dishwasher is running then throw a load of laundry in the washer at the same time.
12. When you are cooking it is also a great idea that you clean as you cook. Wash your pots and pans when you are finished with them, making the clean up after dinner a breeze.